Mushroom Bacon Recipe
Enjoy a sweet and smoky flavor with this vegan bacon you can prepare at home. All you need are mushrooms, salt, pepper, oil, and mesquite.
Mushrooms are a great meat alternative for vegetarians or meat lovers who want to reduce their meat consumption. They are delicious and can be cooked in so many ways.
Mushrooms are an excellent meat substitute and can be incorporated into many dishes. They are a great source of protein and have a unique taste that can be used to make dishes more flavorful.
Bacon has become one of our favorite toppings, whether it's on eggs, pancakes, or hot dogs. However, there is a vegan bacon option for those who decided to give a chance to the vegetarian diet.
Here’s how to make bacon out of mushrooms.
- Mushroom bacon is a vegan alternative to traditional bacon made from thinly sliced portobello mushrooms marinated with liquid smoke and seasonings, then baked until crispy. It provides a sweet and smoky flavor without the guilt associated with regular bacon.
- Mushrooms are a great meat substitute for both vegetarians and meat lovers looking to reduce their meat consumption. They have a similar texture to bacon and can be cooked in various ways, adding a unique taste to vegetarian dishes.
- To make mushroom bacon, slice the mushrooms into thin strips and brush them with marinade and liquid smoke. They can be cooked in a pan or baked in the oven. The end result is a delicious, gluten-free, and vegan option that can be used as a topping for various dishes or eaten on its own.
What is Mushroom Bacon
Mushroom bacon is a vegan alternative to traditional bacon. It is made from strips of portobello mushrooms, which are marinated and then baked in the oven with a healthy dose of liquid smoke.
The most important thing to remember when you are preparing mushroom bacon is that you need to slice the mushrooms into thin strips. The mushrooms should be laid on a baking sheet or pan and brushed with marinade and liquid smoke.
You can use a marinade, but olive oil or soy sauce works well. The mushrooms can also be brushed with maple syrup before they are put in the oven for extra flavor.
Some people like to bake their mushroom bacon at a high temperature for 10-15 minutes before they take it out of the oven.
Vegan Mushroom Bacon
Mushrooms are a great meat substitute for vegans and vegetarians. They have the same texture and can be cooked the same way as bacon. Mushroom bacon is made from mushrooms fried in oil, seasoned with salt, pepper, and liquid smoke, then baked until crispy.
The process of making mushroom bacon is similar to how you would make traditional bacon. The only difference is that you will need to use a different type of seasoning than what you would use for pork.
Smoked Mushroom Bacon
Mushroom bacon is a perfect recipe for those of us who love the smoky taste of bacon but don't want the guilt associated with eating it. This dish is also gluten-free and vegan, so everyone can enjoy it!
The best way to cook smoked mushroom bacon is in an oven.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place mushroom and bacon on a sheet of aluminum foil. Rub salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder on both the mushroom and bacon sides.
Add a drizzle of olive oil as well as a spray of cooking spray on top. Fold the aluminum foil and place it in the oven for 35 minutes or until the mushrooms are fork tender. Remove from the oven and serve with your favorite breakfast meat, like sausages or ham!
How to Make Mushroom Bacon
A few ingredients and a pan are all you need to make this healthy and tasty breakfast recipe.
In a large frying pan, add mushroom slices and olive oil. Cook the mushrooms for 5 minutes.
Add some salt, pepper, and chopped spinach leaves. Cook for 2 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and spinach has wilted slightly. Finish with chopped parsley leaves. Mix everything together well before serving on top of toast or as a side dish to eggs or other breakfast foods.
- Cut your mushrooms into thin strips of 2/3 mm thick.
- Mix the oil and tamari with the mushrooms, soaking everything well in a large bowl or a small salad bowl (depending on your taste). Add the paprika and stir.
- In a non-stick pan, cook the mushrooms over medium to high heat, stirring regularly but still allowing them to brown.
- Depending on the thickness of your mushroom strips, you will need between 10 and 15 minutes of cooking time.
- You can also cook these mushrooms in the oven in a dish, stirring them halfway through cooking, and putting them in the oven at 190°C for about 20 minutes.
- Cast iron pan or skillet
- Small bowl
- Marinade brush
- Aluminum foil
- 1 package of mushrooms
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon vegan sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
Step by Step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add a little oil to your baking sheet to prevent sticking.
- In a bowl, add your mushrooms and all of your ingredients.
- Toss to coat.
- Spread the mushrooms in an even layer on your baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove and flip each slice.
- Then bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- You may need more time if you prefer super crispy, as I do.
- Remove and let cool.
This mushroom that pretends to be bacon is perfect for topping eggs, hamburgers, or eating on its own. If appearance is essential to you, this mushroom will be as close to bacon as you can without any animals involved.
Crispy, bacon-flavored baked mushrooms are perfect for topping creams and purees, risottos, croquettes, or any recipe that could use an extra flavor.
As the spices and herbs used are the same as those used when marinating sausages, these mushroom chips can be substituted for those types of food in a vegetarian or vegan option.
Preorder and save 20% for a limited time
- Epinephrine to increase alertness
- Acetylcholine to direct attention
- Dopamine to create rewards that are necessary for ongoing focus
Developed by scientists over 2 years, TUNE IN's formula of nootropics, adaptogens, vitamins, and functional mushrooms increases focus, energy, memory, and recall in minutes.
Just mix it, sip it, and crush your to-do list.
We’ve worked with nutritional experts, supplement chemists, and testing labs to develop a highly effective formula that is more powerful, and better tasting than anything available on the market. Here's what we use:
Lion’s Mane, Cordyceps, Ashwagandha Extract, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract, Alpha GPC, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B, Vitamin B, Vitamin B1, TeaCrine®, BioPerine®, Stevia Extract, Natural Flavors
Only 30 calories per serving. So it’s easy to fit in your daily calories if you’re trying to lose fat or maintain weight.
Each serving only has 30 mg of caffeine. That's less than half of the caffeine in a cup of coffee, which usually has between 70-100mg. So if you're sensitive to caffeine don't worry. If you're a coffee lover it also means you don't need to skip your morning brew.
No Artificial flavours here. We only use all-natural sugars like cane sugar and stevia. We offer two thirst quenching flavors: Strawberry Lemonade or Tropical Punch.
This performance drink is free from gluten, nuts, soy, corn, dairy, and GMOs. It's also vegan, keto, and paleo friendly.
Looking for alternatives to Four Sigmatic? Check out this guide for a list of other brands that offer similar functional mushroom products and beverages.
Improving your long-term memory can be achieved through various techniques and strategies. Discover effective tips and methods to enhance your ability to retain and recall information for the long term.
MNM supplements offer a wide range of benefits, including improved energy levels, enhanced muscle recovery, and support for overall health. Discover the various advantages of incorporating MNM supplements into your daily routine.
Sign up to our productivity newsletter
and get 10% off your first order.