Lion's Mane Tincture Recipe
Although mushrooms have amazing properties and therapeutic actions, their complex cellular structure makes it somehow difficult to extract them properly. Thus, powdered supplements, capsules, and beverages are the best ways to enjoy these wonderful gifts of nature.
However, if you are looking for a product that really contains all the constituents of mushrooms, tinctures are the best way to go. In this article, we have a potent Lion’s Mane tincture recipe for you to get the best double extraction at home.
What are Lion’s Mane Mushrooms
The King of the Forest has a large, white, shaggy spines and seafood-like flavor. These mushrooms have vast culinary and medical uses in some Asian countries like China, India, Japan, and Korea. You can eat these mushrooms raw, dried, or cook them, or make tea with them. However, the most common use of the Lion’s Mane mushroom is as an extract for health supplements, thanks to its great properties.
Medicinal Mushroom Tincture Benefits
Although research is still limited, several animal studies show promising results regarding medicinal mushroom tincture benefits. In the case of Lion’s Mane mushrooms, the evidence says these contain powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant agents, which may help reduce the impact of illnesses such as heart disease, cancer, and autoimmune disorders.
Other Lion’s Mane mushroom tincture benefits are anxiety and pain relief, anti-bacterial properties, and reparation of neve cells. Still, you may not benefit from this fungi’s benefits when taking capsules or powders. This is because mushrooms contain water-soluble constituents, beta-glucans, and alcohol-soluble compounds, like triterpenes. Thus, the best way to obtain the properties of many mushrooms, including Lion’s Mane, is by making a double extraction, which pulls out all of the constituents and results in a product with a longer shelf-life.
Lion’s Mane Mushroom Tincture Recipe
- Dried Lion’s Mane mushrooms
- High-proof food-grade alcohol
- Filtered water
Step by Step
- Use ½ dried mushrooms, chop them well, and prepare a tincture by soaking the mushrooms in alcohol. Use about 90% alcohol and 20% water for this step. Set aside and let it steep for four weeks. Shake the container occasionally.
- Once the tincture has reached four weeks, strain it, take the other half of dried mushrooms, and simmer them for about 10 hours with twice as much water as you used for the tincture. Hot water draws the water-soluble compounds of Lion’s Mane mushrooms, so you can start off on low pressure and gradually turn it up over 4 hours. Then, leave it on high pressure for another 4 hours, and then allow it to cool for a final 2 hours.
- Strain the mushrooms out and boil down the remaining water of the pot, which should be the same quantity as the water you used for the tincture. Take off the heat and let cool.
- Strain out all mushrooms solids and combine water and mushroom-infused alcohol in a 3.5:1 water-alcohol mix (or about 25-35% alcohol volume). Whisk well until both compounds blend to perfection. Now, bottle in a glass jar and store in a dark, fresh area.
Now, you have created a healthy lion’s mane tincture with just a few ingredients. We want to highlight that while you can use fresh mushrooms, dried mushrooms are a favorite because of their lower volume and high fiber content. You can also grind them in a grinder for a much consistent and easy-to-strain product.
As for dosing, about 2-4 dropper fulls works well. Shake your Lion’s Mane mushroom tincture before using it and take sublingually or add it to your morning coffee or tea to hide the flavors. However, pregnant women, young children, individuals with alcohol-abuse problems, and those with religious beliefs that forbid alcohol should avoid consuming these tinctures. Moreover, you should visit your doctor before deciding to take medicinal mushrooms tincture to avoid any complications.
Preorder and save 20% for a limited time
We’ve worked with nutritional experts, supplement chemists, and testing labs to develop a highly effective formula that is more powerful, and better tasting than anything available on the market. Here's what we use:
Lion’s Mane, Cordyceps, Ashwagandha Extract, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract, Alpha GPC, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B, Vitamin B, Vitamin B1, TeaCrine®, BioPerine®, Stevia Extract, Natural Flavors
Only 30 calories per serving. So it’s easy to fit in your daily calories if you’re trying to lose fat or maintain weight.
Each serving only has 30 mg of caffeine. That's less than half of the caffeine in a cup of coffee, which usually has between 70-100mg. So if you're sensitive to caffeine don't worry. If you're a coffee lover it also means you don't need to skip your morning brew.
No Artificial flavours here. We only use all-natural sugars like cane sugar and stevia. We offer two thirst quenching flavors: Strawberry Lemonade or Tropical Punch.
This performance drink is free from gluten, nuts, soy, corn, dairy, and GMOs. It's also vegan, keto, and paleo friendly.
Best Natural Remedy to Help You SleepSleep soundly tonight with the best natural remedy. Say goodbye to insomnia and experience deep, restful sleep. Try it now!
How to Go to Sleep EarlierWant to sleep better? Learn how to go to sleep earlier with our expert tips. Start sleeping better tonight! Read our guide now.
Best Nootropics for Focus: Nootropics for ADHD & ADD?Boost your focus with the best nootropics. Click here for the best nootropics for ADHD and ADD.
Sign up to our productivity newsletter
and get 10% off your first order.