How to Go to Sleep Earlier
You probably already know how important sleep is, even more so after a late night out on the town or waking up to catch an early flight. Even though you might want to get a full night’s sleep, it’s sometimes inevitable to toss and turn for hours, trying to find some solace.
It also comes as no surprise that people have a more challenging time falling asleep than ever, with a constant technological and social buzz that keeps us constantly connected and active.
Whether sleepless nights are due to doom scrolling on social media, health issues, a million thoughts, or just too much energy, we’re diving into some ways to fall asleep earlier so you can tackle each day as it comes.
Lifestyle changes and habits take the brunt, that’s for sure. What about additional options, though? We’ll be diving into the world of sleep and dipping our toes into a world of natural relief, so stay tuned.
- Sleep is extremely important for overall health and well-being.
- Keeping up good sleep hygiene practices can improve sleep quality.
- It’s important to keep a consistent bedtime routine, limit screen time, and have a healthy lifestyle for sleep.
- Supplements like TUNE IN can help you improve sleep quality naturally.
How to Start Going to Sleep Earlier
Your bed might call you every night, but actually falling asleep can be difficult. If you’re just starting to try to find a healthier sleep schedule, it can seem intimidating to change so many things you’re used to.
Here are some tips that can help you start by winding your body down and making you feel relaxed before your head even touches the pillow.
- Routines can be hard to get used to, but the body loves a good routine. You can gradually set a consistent bedtime that helps your body acclimate to its own biological clock. It’ll help incentivize your body and mind to start feeling tired once bedtime nears.
- Having a pre-bed routine is another way to wind down before getting into bed. You can have fun with this and turn it into your “me time.” You can take a warm shower, read a book, have a cup of tea, or do some light yoga.
- You already know what we’re going to say: lay off the electronics. The blue light emitted from cellphones, tablets, TVs, and laptops can interfere with your sleep, so it’s best to limit yourself to screen time during the day.
- Going to bed on an empty stomach is awful, but eating heavy, spicy, and fatty foods before bed isn’t great either. Consider saving heavy food for during the day so you don’t experience discomfort when you’re trying to doze off.
Why is Sleep Important for Teens?
We all wish we could stay up until the early hours of the morning and feel completely sleep-deprived, like in those good old teen years.
Although teens seem to love staying up late to dance to TikToks and make meme capybaras or whatever is going on, sleep is a crucial part of their overall health and well-being.
A lack of sleep or an unhealthy sleep routine can be uncomfortable for teens, at best. Getting a good night’s rest supports their physical growth and development, helps their brain stay on top of things, keeps their mental health in check, boosts energy, and supports a bunch of important body functions.
Why is Sleep Important for the Elderly?
Sleep is as important for the young as it is for the old (although it’s important for everyone, to be fair). Once our youth has left us and age starts to take over, it’s not uncommon for sleep patterns to change and sleep disturbances to arise.
Older people need enough sleep for their health and well-being, inside and out. Not only can a good night’s sleep help support physical health and cognitive function, but it can also help with emotional well-being and improve the quality of life for those who have been here long enough to live through many sleepless nights.
How to Go to Sleep Earlier
Finding a healthy sleep routine is a challenging habit to get used to, but it can have positive consequences that help you feel healthier, happier, and more energized.
Improving your sleep quality won’t just make you feel less tired, but it can also make you feel more energized, relaxed, and ready to face whatever comes your way.
Here are some of our tips on how to go to sleep earlier:
- Keeping the bedtime routine consistent can help signal your body that you’re ready to go to sleep, which makes it a great habit-building tool.
- Keep the phone out of the bedroom. As tempting as it is to scroll through Instagram until your eyes fall shut, your sleep routine will appreciate screen-free time before bed.
- Making sure the environment you’re sleeping in makes you feel relaxed and safe is super important. Keep your room dry and cool, make sure your sheets are warm and fresh, light a candle, and listen to some relaxing music.
- Anything that stimulates you before bed needs to go, especially things like alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine.
- Finding relaxation techniques that work for you, like deep breathing, meditation, or yoga can help calm the body and mind. These are great exercises to prepare for rest.
- If you simply can’t seem to find solace in your bed, consider taking a sleep aid, like natural supplements or pills, under medical guidance. Research or talk to a medical professional before taking anything new.
Best Sleep Hygiene Tips
“Sleep hygiene” sounds like it refers to the act of taking a shower before crawling into bed, but there’s so much more behind the term. Sleep hygiene was a term coined back in the 70s when this behavioral and environmental practice helped people suffering from insomnia adopt healthy habits conducive to sleep.
So what exactly does sleep hygiene entail? Basically what we’ve been talking about: tips, tricks, and habits to adopt that help you fall asleep and get enough rest.
Here are some of the best sleep hygiene tips:
- Have a consistent sleep schedule.
- Keep your sleep environment comfortable and safe.
- Keep off of screens an hour before bed.
- Stay away from stimulants like caffeine and nicotine.
- Stay on top of your bedtime routine.
- Maintain a healthy diet and watch what you eat.
- Keep stress on the low (when possible).
- Stay away from alcohol once the sun goes down.
What Can Help Me Get to Sleep?
You already know which habits to adopt to help you fall asleep: stay off your phone, go to bed at the same time every night, get into a bedtime routine, relax, and keep up sleep hygiene. All of these lifestyle changes are important not only for sleep but for general well-being.
While keeping your body up to standard when it comes to the habit-forming department, there’s something else that might just help you get some shut-eye: VYU’s TUNE IN.
This specially-formulated blend of brain- and body-boosting ingredients actually helps support a healthy sleep pattern, which can come in handy if you’re struggling to fall asleep.
TUNE IN uses a unique blend of nootropics, adaptogens, vitamins, and functional mushrooms to help calm the mind and relax the body so you can fall asleep faster and wake up feeling better than ever. Plus, it won’t leave you feeling groggy and isn’t habit-forming: all it does is support your body’s natural sleep-wake cycle, wherever it’s at.
TUNE IN is packed with some of the best sleep-promoting ingredients nature has to offer: lion’s mane, cordyceps, ashwagandha, Rhodiola rosea, and a plethora of vitamins and minerals that all support wellness. It’s also delicious and easy to incorporate into your routine, so why not give it a try?
Functional Mushrooms for Sleep
Functional mushrooms are gaining traction and gaining popularity and for good reason. They’re used for their many potential health benefits, including improving sleep quality. Although they’ve been used for centuries, the world seems to be newly fascinated with these natural ingredients that can support overall health and well-being.
Medicinal mushrooms like reishi, cordyceps, and lion’s mane are often used to help reduce stress and support healthier sleep patterns, which is also why two out of the three mushrooms are found in our TUNE IN blend.
Cordyceps improves oxygenation and circulation, while lion’s mane can promote mental clarity and reduce stress. As you can imagine, both of those effects can lead to a deeper and more rejuvenating sleep.
Preorder and save 20% for a limited time
- Epinephrine to increase alertness
- Acetylcholine to direct attention
- Dopamine to create rewards that are necessary for ongoing focus
Developed by scientists over 2 years, TUNE IN's formula of nootropics, adaptogens, vitamins, and functional mushrooms increases focus, energy, memory, and recall in minutes.
Just mix it, sip it, and crush your to-do list.
We’ve worked with nutritional experts, supplement chemists, and testing labs to develop a highly effective formula that is more powerful, and better tasting than anything available on the market. Here's what we use:
Lion’s Mane, Cordyceps, Ashwagandha Extract, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract, Alpha GPC, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B, Vitamin B, Vitamin B1, TeaCrine®, BioPerine®, Stevia Extract, Natural Flavors
Only 30 calories per serving. So it’s easy to fit in your daily calories if you’re trying to lose fat or maintain weight.
Each serving only has 30 mg of caffeine. That's less than half of the caffeine in a cup of coffee, which usually has between 70-100mg. So if you're sensitive to caffeine don't worry. If you're a coffee lover it also means you don't need to skip your morning brew.
No Artificial flavours here. We only use all-natural sugars like cane sugar and stevia. We offer two thirst quenching flavors: Strawberry Lemonade or Tropical Punch.
This performance drink is free from gluten, nuts, soy, corn, dairy, and GMOs. It's also vegan, keto, and paleo friendly.
Looking for alternatives to Four Sigmatic? Check out this guide for a list of other brands that offer similar functional mushroom products and beverages.
Improving your long-term memory can be achieved through various techniques and strategies. Discover effective tips and methods to enhance your ability to retain and recall information for the long term.
MNM supplements offer a wide range of benefits, including improved energy levels, enhanced muscle recovery, and support for overall health. Discover the various advantages of incorporating MNM supplements into your daily routine.
Sign up to our productivity newsletter
and get 10% off your first order.