What are All Natural Nootropics?
The idea that you can take a pill to become smarter may sound like the plot of a the Limitless movie. However, this has been possible through the magic of nootropics.
If this sounds too good to be true, read on and learn about this type of supplement.
- Nootropics are substances or nutrients that positively impact cognitive function and mental performance, and are commonly known as smart drugs.
- Nootropics can be made from naturally occurring substances or synthetic ones, and include blends of micronutrients, adaptogens, and herbal extracts derived from substances such as folate.
- Nootropics have several benefits, such as improved mood, increased energy, better focus, quality sleep, resistance to stress, and higher creativity.
Nootropics? What Are They?
Also known as smart drugs, nootropics are substances or nutrients that can positively impact your cognitive function and mental performance. And in case you’re wondering, the word is translated from the Greek word for “to bend or shape the mind.”
Despite growing popular recently, nootropics are far from new. While synthetic ones have been under development for over three decades, natural nootropics have been used for thousands of years. In fact, they’re an important part of Chinese medicine and Ayurvedic healing.
You may also get them if you take exotic supplements like lion’s mane and ginkgo biloba.
What are Nootropics and Do They Work?
In more scientific terms, nootropics are substances that alter the brain’s neurotransmitters, hormones, and enzymes. This is naturally done by improving oxygen supply to the brain or stimulating the growth of nerves.
As for whether they work, the answer may be a little harder to answer. First off, you can’t generalize for all nootropics since they’re made from different substances.
That said, many natural nootropics have been thoroughly studied over the years. Most researchers are quite optimistic about improving memory and sharpening attention.
Another aspect to keep in mind is that nootropics need time before users see any results. Even then, they may need to be combined with other nutrients and healthy habits like exercise.
What are Nootropics Made of?
Nootropics can be made of naturally occurring substances or synthetic ones, depending on their type. But since you’re here to learn about natural nootropics, you’ll probably be more interested in what they contain.
The majority of natural nootropics comprise a blend of micronutrients, adaptogens, and herbal extracts derived from substances such as folate. You’ll learn a little more in detail about this while exploring the strongest natural nootropics.
What are Nootropics Good For?
By now, you probably have an idea of what nootropics can do for you. But there are more benefits you can gain by consuming them.
Nootropics are very effective for various aspects of mood, helping reduce stressful and anxious thoughts. They may help improve brain circulation, balance brain chemicals, counter low brain energy, and boost stress resistance.
You can use natural nootropics to increase your energy levels. These have become popular for this purpose as they don’t require stimulants. Therefore, you won’t have to worry about unpleasant side effects.
Wondering how they ensure higher energy levels? The main reason is better blood flow to the brain. Studies also link more energy with optimized brain cells, better stress resistance, and wakeful relaxation.
With nootropics, you can concentrate better on a single task while factoring out other environmental stimuli. You’ll also be able to switch seamlessly between tasks and avoid getting distracted.
There’s a strong link between healthy sleep patterns and improved brain performance. Nootropics may help optimize sleep by promoting a relaxed state of mind. As a result, they may help with the onset of sleep and, in turn, help the mind perform its best.
Resistance to Stress
Nootropics may strengthen the body’s resistance to stress. They can also replenish brain chemicals used when the body is stressed and promote relaxation. By regulating stress, nootropics can counter diminishing mental performance due to stress while preventing mental fatigue and burnout.
There are several theories indicating nootropics’ ability to fuel creativity. Unfortunately, this may be hard to measure and validate with clinical research.
These supplements impact brain functions linked to creativity, such as mood and focus. Moreover, natural nootropics can promote a motivated mindset for realizing an artistic vision.
In addition to the above, nootropics offer long-term benefits such as countering cognitive performance decline due to aging. Some research indicates that they can help grow new brain cells and even repair brain cell membranes.
What are the Best Nootropics for Memory?
One benefit wasn’t addressed above – improved memory. Nootropics are believed to improve long-term memory, short-term memory, and free recall. They may also benefit brain cell membranes, which are essential for memory performance.
If memory is one aspect you’ve been struggling with, you can consume these nootropics to improve it.
- Phosphatidylserine – Phosphatidylserine is considered the best evidence-backed nootropic for memory. Many studies confirm its effects on short-term memory, long-term memory, and recall.
- Citicoline – Citicoline has both brain-energizing and regenerative properties. That’s why it may effectively enhance memory performance, especially in the elderly.
- Bacopa monnieri – If you’re a student, bacopa monnieri should be part of your daily supplements. This nootropic is believed to prevent the brain from forgetting newly learned knowledge.
- Vitamin B6 – There are many benefits of Vitamin B6. And one of these is improving information storage in older adults.
- L-Tyrosine – With L-Tyrosine, you can improve your memory, especially while multitasking and experiencing stress.
What are the Strongest Nootropics?
In addition to bacopa monnieri, some of the best natural nootropics you can start having are:
- L-Theanine – L-theanine is an amino acid found naturally in tea and some mushrooms. In addition to improving attention, it may improve sleep and promote relaxation. It may also help individuals suffering from overactive minds to restore and regenerate nerve cells.
- Ashwagandha – Growing in Asia and Africa, ashwagandha is commonly used as an adaptogen and stress-relief herb. This evergreen shrub can also help calm the brain to promote calm and better sleep.
- Magnesium – A crucial nootropic mineral, magnesium is one of the underrated minerals. As a nootropic, it may help with mood, pain, and sleep.
- Ginseng – Probably the oldest adaptogenic herb, ginseng has several documented benefits. This potent nootropic can protect the body from physiologic stress. Therefore, it can improve cognitive function. Studies are also underway to prove its ability to improve memory.
- Lion’s mane mushroom – This shaggy, white mushroom may help prevent neurodegenerative diseases. It’s also being studied for its effect on brain damage.
- Gingko biloba – A popular natural nootropic, gingko biloba improves blood flow to the brain. Therefore, it may improve cognitive function while countering anxiety and stress.
What are the Side Effects of Nootropics?
Technically, natural nootropics won’t have any side effects, especially if you choose high-quality, reliable supplements.
Another risk factor is related to usage. Megadosing or consuming too much at once may overwhelm your brain and body. Therefore, you need to abide by the serving size suggestions. Taking too many servings frequently may result in unwanted effects.
To avoid any risk, simply consult with your physician before taking nootropics.
What Nootropics are Safe?
Almost all natural nootropics are safe for consumption. But not all supplements are created the same. You may experience side effects if the supplements are blended with common allergens. You need to check the labels.
Don’t Miss Out on Getting a Sharper Mind
With the right nootropics in your system, you’ll enjoy razor focus, improved cognitive function, and much more. So, don’t deprive your mind (and yourself) from these benefits any longer.
Our TUNE IN powdered drink is a safe and effective way to incorporate natural nootropics like lion's mane and ashwagandha into one's daily routine. The all-natural, non-toxic, and non-addictive formula makes it a superior choice over synthetic nootropics, which can have unwanted side effects.
The powdered drink format makes it convenient to consume, and it is a tasty way to support cognitive and mental well-being.
Overall, VYU's TUNE IN is an excellent choice for anyone looking to enhance their mental clarity, focus, and overall brain health with natural, safe, and effective ingredients.
Preorder and save 20% for a limited time
- Epinephrine to increase alertness
- Acetylcholine to direct attention
- Dopamine to create rewards that are necessary for ongoing focus
Developed by scientists over 2 years, TUNE IN's formula of nootropics, adaptogens, vitamins, and functional mushrooms increases focus, energy, memory, and recall in minutes.
Just mix it, sip it, and crush your to-do list.
We’ve worked with nutritional experts, supplement chemists, and testing labs to develop a highly effective formula that is more powerful, and better tasting than anything available on the market. Here's what we use:
Lion’s Mane, Cordyceps, Ashwagandha Extract, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract, Alpha GPC, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B, Vitamin B, Vitamin B1, TeaCrine®, BioPerine®, Stevia Extract, Natural Flavors
Only 30 calories per serving. So it’s easy to fit in your daily calories if you’re trying to lose fat or maintain weight.
Each serving only has 30 mg of caffeine. That's less than half of the caffeine in a cup of coffee, which usually has between 70-100mg. So if you're sensitive to caffeine don't worry. If you're a coffee lover it also means you don't need to skip your morning brew.
No Artificial flavours here. We only use all-natural sugars like cane sugar and stevia. We offer two thirst quenching flavors: Strawberry Lemonade or Tropical Punch.
This performance drink is free from gluten, nuts, soy, corn, dairy, and GMOs. It's also vegan, keto, and paleo friendly.
Looking for alternatives to Four Sigmatic? Check out this guide for a list of other brands that offer similar functional mushroom products and beverages.
Improving your long-term memory can be achieved through various techniques and strategies. Discover effective tips and methods to enhance your ability to retain and recall information for the long term.
MNM supplements offer a wide range of benefits, including improved energy levels, enhanced muscle recovery, and support for overall health. Discover the various advantages of incorporating MNM supplements into your daily routine.
Sign up to our productivity newsletter
and get 10% off your first order.