Shiitake Mushroom Crisps Recipe
Shiitake mushrooms are one of the best-known and most widely used types of mushrooms. They are prized for their rich, earthy flavor, aroma, and nutritional properties. These mushrooms are native to East Asia and have been consumed for thousands of years.
There are many traditional ways to consume Shiitake mushrooms. Still, we can shake things up and incorporate this healthy mushroom into our diet in a modern and fun way.
You can eat Shiitake mushroom crisps raw as a snack or cooked in meals such as stir-fry dishes or soups for additional flavor. When cooked, they have a soft texture that resembles meat more than other types of mushrooms do. That’s why we love this recipe so much!
- Shiitake mushrooms offer various health benefits, including being low in calories and fat, high in fiber, aiding in weight loss, and potentially reducing blood pressure and improving cholesterol levels.
- They are rich in antioxidants, iron, manganese, and potassium, and may boost digestion, immune function, and promote the growth of healthy gut bacteria.
- Shiitake mushroom crisps can be prepared as a healthy and flavorful snack by coating them with a mixture of olive oil, soy sauce, sea salt, garlic powder, and onion powder, then baking them until golden brown. The recipe is simple and doesn't require additional ingredients to enhance the taste.
What are the Benefits of Shiitake Mushrooms?
Before sharing our Shiitake mushroom crisps recipe, we want you to learn some of the benefits of this amazing mushroom.
- They're low in calories and fat
You'll get about 100 calories per serving when you eat these chips, which is much less than many other types of snack foods. They also don't have any saturated fats or trans fats in them — just healthy monounsaturated fats from olive oil or canola oil.
- They're high in fiber
One serving of these chips contains about 2 grams of fiber. This essential nutrient helps keep your digestive system running smoothly and prevents constipation by keeping food moving through your intestines.
- They can help with weight loss by reducing hunger, and boosting energy
The high protein content of Shiitake mushrooms helps increase metabolism, so your body burns more calories while at rest than it would otherwise. They also contain chromium, which has been shown to improve insulin sensitivity and reduce cravings for carbohydrates which are often found in junk food items like candy bars or chips.
This makes them an excellent choice for those who want to lose weight by eating healthy foods that won't trigger cravings for unhealthy snacks later on during the day or evening. The hunger strikes usually occur hours after dinner. Many people tend to overeat because they're still hungry from not eating enough during the day due to skipping breakfast or lunch altogether.
- They are believed to help lower blood pressure, improve cholesterol levels and reduce heart related health risks.
These mushrooms are believed to help lower blood pressure. Research suggests that Shiitake mushrooms may effectively lower blood pressure because they contain compounds called lentinan and gypsogenol, which can help relax blood vessels. This effect may help reduce inflammation and may also reduce other health risks.
- They may improve cholesterol levels
Shiitake mushrooms contain sterols such as beta-sitosterol, campesterol, and stigmasterol. This means that they may help lower cholesterol levels by blocking cholesterol absorption in the digestive system while increasing its elimination from the body through bile acids.
- Shiitake mushrooms are full of antioxidants
Antioxidants help fight free radicals that can damage cells. Shiitake mushrooms have been believed to boost immunity by reducing oxidative stress on white blood cells, according to research published in "Nutrients" in 2015.
- Shiitake mushrooms are also an excellent source of iron, manganese, and potassium
These mushrooms contain essential amino acids like tryptophan and phenylalanine that help the body produce serotonin, which is the brain chemical that makes us feel happy.
- They can improve digestion and immune function
In one study published in the Journal of Agricultural Food Chemistry, scientists found that adding Shiitake mushrooms to the diet of mice increased their natural killer cells — an important part of the body's immune system. Shiitake mushrooms also have probiotic properties, which means they promote healthy bacteria growth in the gut. This effect can help reduce inflammation and improve digestion.
The following is a list of nutrients found in one serving (100 grams) of shiitake mushroom crisps:
- Protein – 5 grams
- Carbohydrates – 15 grams
- Fat – 0.1 gram
- Calorie Count – 150 calories
Shiitake Mushroomm Crisps Recipe
- Food Processor
- Baking Sheet or Cookie Sheets (for cooling)
- Small Bowls (for mixing)
- Large Mixing Bowl (for soaking)
- Rubber Spatula (for mixing)
- Knife and Cutting Board
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 package of shiitake mushrooms (about 1 lb)
Step by Step
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Serving size: 4 servings
Estimated Cost: $8.00
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. If using parchment paper, spray it with cooking spray first.
- Mix olive oil, soy sauce or tamari sauce, sea salt, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large bowl.
- Clean your mushrooms by wiping them with a damp paper towel or wiping them down with a mushroom brush. Cut off the tough stems and discard them.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet. Make sure they are placed in a single layer without any overlapping.
- Pour the olive oil mixture over the mushrooms and spread evenly using your hands or spoon to coat all the mushrooms with the oil mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes, and then flip each mushroom over and bake for another 15 minutes until golden brown. Let them cool down on a plate before serving them with your favorite dips or salads.
There are many different types of mushroom recipes out there. Some involve the combination of mushrooms and other ingredients, while others don’t. This particular recipe is unique in that it doesn't require any extra ingredients to make it taste good. The shiitake mushrooms have a hearty and earthy taste when added to seasonings. Try it out, and let us know your thoughts!
Preorder and save 20% for a limited time
A mental performance drink that helps ambitious people focus instantly.
Your daily all-in-one stack of adaptogens, vitamins, and functional mushrooms. Simply mix it, sip it, and start crushing your to do lists.
✓ Instant Focus and Clarity
✓ All-Day Energy
✓ Juicy Fruit Flavor
We’ve worked with nutritional experts, supplement chemists, and testing labs to develop a highly effective formula that is more powerful, and better tasting than anything available on the market. Here's what we use:
Lion’s Mane, Cordyceps, Ashwagandha Extract, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract, Alpha GPC, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B, Vitamin B, Vitamin B1, TeaCrine®, BioPerine®, Stevia Extract, Natural Flavors
Only 30 calories per serving. So it’s easy to fit in your daily calories if you’re trying to lose fat or maintain weight.
Each serving only has 30 mg of caffeine. That's less than half of the caffeine in a cup of coffee, which usually has between 70-100mg. So if you're sensitive to caffeine don't worry. If you're a coffee lover it also means you don't need to skip your morning brew.
No Artificial flavours here. We only use all-natural sugars like cane sugar and stevia. We offer two thirst quenching flavors: Strawberry Lemonade or Tropical Punch.
This performance drink is free from gluten, nuts, soy, corn, dairy, and GMOs. It's also vegan, keto, and paleo friendly.
Looking to unlish your mind's full potential? Click here to see our selection of the best supplements for energy and focus.
Discover the best way to cook lion's mane mushrooms for a delicious and nutritious meal. Explore different cooking techniques and recipes to bring out the unique flavor and texture of this popular gourmet mushroom.
Sign up to our productivity newsletter
and get 10% off your first order.