Lion's Mane Tacos Recipe
Dreams can come true between a crispy corn shell, especially for taco lovers. Undoubtedly, this Mexican dish is among the favorites of many people, although, depending on the filling, it can be a not-so-healthy food.
Now imagine that you could eat some tacos that are delicious and have the ability to heal you and provide benefits to your health. This is exactly what happens when you add lion's mane mushrooms to your usual tacos.
Lion's mane mushrooms add a rich, almost lobster-like flavor to this preparation. But, in addition to a rich flavor and texture, this mushroom provides neuroprotective qualities that can help improve your cognitive abilities over time. Read on, and learn our unconventional yet delicious lion’s mane tacos recipe.
- Lion's mane mushrooms can be incorporated into a delicious and healthy taco recipe. These mushrooms add a rich flavor and texture while providing neuroprotective qualities that can improve cognitive abilities over time.
- The lion's mane tacos recipe includes pickled onions, avocado, and cilantro, which also have health benefits. The pickled onions provide a tangy and crunchy element, while avocado offers healthy fats and amino acids, and cilantro benefits neuron health.
- The recipe involves marinating lion's mane mushrooms in a chipotle sauce, cooking them until caramelized, and then assembling the tacos with the mushrooms, pickled onions, radish, avocado, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice. It is a simple and practical option for a flavorful and nutritious meal at home.
Lion’s Mane Tacos Recipe
One of the main benefits of the lion’s mane mushroom is that it can protect your brain from neurodegenerative conditions. In addition, this delicious lion’s mane tacos recipe includes some rich pickled onions, avocado full of healthy fats and amino acids, and a touch of cilantro, which also benefits the health of neurons.
- Measuring cups
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Jug or container with a lid
- Large cast-iron or nonstick skillet
For the pickled onions:
- 1thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup water
For the tacos:
- 8 tortillas
- 16 oz of lion’s mane mushroom
- 1 can of blended chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 3 Tablespoons of canola or grapeseed oil
- 2 Tablespoons of honey
- 1 lime
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- ¼ cup of radish
- ¼ cup of cilantro
Step by Step
Serving size: 4 servings or 8 tacos
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Cuisine type: Mexican cuisine
For pickled onions.
Make the pickled onions ahead of time, preferably the night before you make the tacos. To prepare these pickled onions, take a bowl or a large container, and mix the vinegar, water, sugar, and salt. Then, add sliced onions to the brine and let sit at room temperature covered for at least an hour or preferably overnight. After letting them rest, drain the onions before using.
- Take your knife and cutting board, and cut off the woody ends of the lion's mane mushrooms, then cut into 1-inch pieces and season with salt. Put them aside for a moment.
- Take a medium bowl and pour in ¼ cup of the adobo sauce, garlic, honey, cumin, and a tablespoon of oil. Next, add the chopped lion's mane to the bowl and stir until the mushrooms are evenly coated with the sauce. Set aside while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Retake the cutting board and knife to cut the lime into wedges. Then chop the cilantro into large pieces and cut the radish into thin slices. Also, cut the avocado into wedges, and be sure to clean your knife when chopping each vegetable to avoid cross-contamination.
- Take a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet and heat it over medium-high heat. Then place the tortilla on the hot skillet until it is flexible and toasted; this will take about 30 seconds for each side. Then transfer the tortillas to a shallow bowl lined with a clean towel and wrap the tortillas to keep them warm.
- After heating the tortillas, leave the pan on the heat and add two tablespoons of oil to the hot pan. When the oil starts to shimmer, cook the lion's mane in small batches to avoid overcrowding or uneven cooking. Let the mushrooms brown for 3 to 5 minutes or until caramelized on one side before tossing. Once all the mushrooms are cooked, set them aside for a moment.
- It's time to take the tortillas out of their stash. Take the bowl where they were stored, unwrap them and prepare your tacos with squares of cooked lion's mane, pickled onions, radish, avocado, cilantro, and a touch of lime juice to taste, and voila! Your delicious lion's mane mushroom tacos are ready to put on the table, and enjoy them alone or in the company of your loved ones.
Lion's mane mushrooms have been widely popular in medicinal cuisine for a long time. This is due to the wide range of therapeutic benefits that they can bring to dishes and their flavor and versatile texture.
What better than giving a flavor twist to your always rich tacos with this unique lion’s mane tacos recipe with chipotle and pickled onions. In addition to being therapeutic, this preparation is straightforward, making it a really practical option to enjoy a different and healthy meal in the comfort of your home.
Preorder and save 20% for a limited time
We’ve worked with nutritional experts, supplement chemists, and testing labs to develop a highly effective formula that is more powerful, and better tasting than anything available on the market. Here's what we use:
Lion’s Mane, Cordyceps, Ashwagandha Extract, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract, Alpha GPC, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B, Vitamin B, Vitamin B1, TeaCrine®, BioPerine®, Stevia Extract, Natural Flavors
Only 30 calories per serving. So it’s easy to fit in your daily calories if you’re trying to lose fat or maintain weight.
Each serving only has 30 mg of caffeine. That's less than half of the caffeine in a cup of coffee, which usually has between 70-100mg. So if you're sensitive to caffeine don't worry. If you're a coffee lover it also means you don't need to skip your morning brew.
No Artificial flavours here. We only use all-natural sugars like cane sugar and stevia. We offer two thirst quenching flavors: Strawberry Lemonade or Tropical Punch.
This performance drink is free from gluten, nuts, soy, corn, dairy, and GMOs. It's also vegan, keto, and paleo friendly.
We all know that caffeine gets you going. But does caffeine help with focus? Click here for the answer.
Read on and discover how to optimize your rest and wake up refreshed with the best nootropics for sleep.
The management of ADHD can be done through prescription meds or with natural supplements. Click here for the full guide on lion's mane vs. Adderall for ADHD.
Sign up to our productivity newsletter
and get 10% off your first order.